Something new I want to try, inspired by a recent Tim Ferriss newsletter I got. Here are five quick hits of things I found to be useful or interesting this week.
- The Big Broadcast on WFUV, every Sunday night from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. Big band music. Pour yourself a cocktail, read a good book and ease into another work week.
- Extra virgin coconut oil. I've been putting it in my breakfast smoothies, and it seems to give me the promised ketogenic energy boost. I feel sharper and more alert earlier in the morning.
- Sitting on the floor. When I'm at home reading, watching TV or screwing around on the internet, I've been sitting on the floor instead of a couch or chair. The end result: I end up changing position and consequently, moving more often than I would if I were seated. I sit all damn day. The last thing I need is more sit time.
- The Stand by Stephen King. If I had five days to do nothing but plow through this epic tome, I would. I was a snob when it came to King. But he's great. You can be talented and commercially successful.
- Wonderlist. The perfect, free app for staying on task and getting shit done.